06 January 2016

In the Name of Friendship

Do you spend most of your time in a process of change - in yourself, your environment, your activities and/or in your relationships - or do you devote most of your time to preservation in one form or another?  Are your friendships mainly about change or mainly about preservation?

Making new friends and connections has not been a high priority for me in recent years.  My life has been so busy over the past decade or so, and my social activities are already as pleasant - and as time consuming - as I would like them to be.

I am mainly interested in people's minds and that is why I enjoy tasting the fruits of their mental activities, through their writings and other expressions of creativity.  This year I intend to continue my explorations of history and heritage.  From the achievements of Wedgwood and Darwin to explorations about and in the name of freedom, history and heritage shape the relationship between changes and preservation.


No comments:

Post a Comment