26 June 2017

In the Name of Comfort

If you have been exploring this blog for a while, do you think you know yourself better now than you did when you first came here?

When did you first become acquainted with this blog?

Is this blog helping you to understand other people?

Is it helping you to feel more comfortable with yourself?

Are you feeling comfortable about yourself?

Is this blog helping you to feel more comfortable in social circumstances?

If not, why not?

Could inner peace, therefore your peace of mind, be about feeling comfortable with yourself and your needs?

Do you feel most comfortable with yourself when you are alone or when you are with other people?

Do you feel most comfortable when performing physical work or mental work?

Do particular people in your life make you feel comfortable or uncomfortable?

If you feel uncomfortable about someone, why is that?

Is any discomfort you feel mainly as a consequence of unfair demands upon you?

Is any discomfort caused by intrusions of various sorts?

Is any discomfort caused by your surroundings in other ways?

Have you ever experienced emotional blackmail or another sort of bullying?

Do you sometimes make other people feel uncomfortable and if so, why does that occur?

I am interested in how people reason, and why they sometimes do not reason enough.

I am also interested in how people perceive themselves, and why they often perceive themselves inaccurately from a social perspective.

I am interested in how people reach understandings, individually and in groups, and why they sometimes fail to understand themselves and each other.

I am interested in the comforts of hopes and certainties, especially those in relation to identity.

I am also interested in the discomforts of identity and changes in identity.

I am interested in why some people are satisfied with changes in their identity and some people, in a similar situation, are not.

I am interested in how people feel comfortable and uncomfortable about communication and connections.

I am interested in why people travel and whether they do so to feel more comfortable or whether they do so to go outside their comfort zones.

I am interested in whether people are motivated to learn something because it is likely to make them feel more comfortable, or not as the case may be.

I am interested in why some people find discomfort to be entertaining or even pleasurable.  I know I am not one of them.

I am interested in whether you will express your views here and whether you will do so in a way that makes you feel most comfortable about how you see yourself and the world.

I am interested in whether you are sitting comfortably or not, or standing to read this, or lying down, and why.

I am interested in whether you make connections between entertainment, friendship and identity.

I am interested in whether you believe yourself to be in pursuit of truth.

I am interested in whether you are comfortable in knowing your cohorts.

I am interested in whether you are comfortable or uncomfortable with unpopularity.

I am especially interested in what makes you feel comfortable in the name of peace and what does not.

But you may not feel comfortable about why I want to know how comfortable or uncomfortable you feel.  Could the reason be a secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment